Troubleshooting Revit Crashes
This class will focus on helping you to understand the reasons why Revit is crashing and how to resolve the issues with your model and prevent crashes in the future
1. Understand the structure of data collected by Revit – journal files and log files
2. Learn best practices for preventing Revit from crashing
3. Learn the limitations of Revit and how much you can push them without crashing
This course will give you the tools to better understand Revit crashes and performance issues with your models.
We will focus on troubleshooting the crashes, demystifying journal files and best practices for model management to avoid crashes and increase performance.
This class will give you ‘real world’ examples instead of just dry data and ‘old wife’s tales’. We will go through the structure of journal files and log files, so you will have a better understanding when a crash happened and why.
This class will focus on:
– Understanding the structure of journal files and log files
– What can you learn about the crashes from your journal files
– Testing options for reproducing a crash
– Best practices to increase performance of your model and reduce the risk of crashes
– Limitations of what can you do about the crash.
– Bugs in Revit that cause crashes and ways to hack the software in order to avoid crashes
After completing this class you will be better equipped to troubleshoot issues with your Revit model and advise your users on ways to prevent crashes